Sustainability in the Airline Industry—
Reduce Paper Usage
Save the Trees. Save the Forests. Reduce Paper Usage.
For many airlines, reducing paper consumption is one of the easiest ways to help the environment and meet their sustainability goals. Worldwide consumption of paper has risen by 400% in the past 40 years, and with that, the pulp and paper industry continues to be the fifth largest energy consumer. In addition to increased energy consumption, virgin paper requires 24,000 gallons of water per ton to create, while recycled paper still requires 12,000 gallons of water per ton.
As airlines look for ways to meet their sustainability initiatives and reduce fuel emissions and onboard waste, airlines can also reduce the amount of paper consumed in their operations, thereby helping minimize deforestation. In one European study, paper consumption creates a significant environmental footprint—1000kg of A4 paper is roughly equivalent to 24.3 trees, 1.035 kg of solid waste produced, and 2,662 kg of emissions released. For businesses that use an average of 140 tons of paper per year, the total yearly cost of print and copy can amount to around $3 million, including paper, depreciation of a mid-level laser printer, toner for double-sided printing, and the associated electricity costs.
So, is going paperless an option for your airline?
And While You’re at it, Why Not Benefit from a Single Source of Truth?
With Paxia Catering Management Solutions, airlines can significantly reduce the amount of paper needed to specify, order, schedule, track, and reconcile catering items. Paxia provides airline caterers with complete visibility into their catering operations that not only reduces paper but automates processes, increases productivity, assists in communications, and cuts operating costs. For example:
- Reduce the reliance on binders: Take advantage of our system communication capabilities and consume data directly to the catering shop floor in a screen-friendly and intuitive format.
- Automate data entry: Eliminate the need to re-enter data between airlines and numerous catering systems, reducing the need to print, retrieve, and re-format information. Paxia Catering Management Solutions provide intuitive, consistent formatting of reports—reducing errors that occur through manual keyed processes and ensuring good communications.
- Simplify catering management: Adopt a streamlined system that simplifies your business and shares data across galley planning, specifications, scheduling, ordering, and invoicing. Paxia Catering Management Solutions increase the airlines’ ability to collaborate, instruct and guide caterers in efficiently reacting to changes in the business.
- Reduce errors, waste, fuel burn, and billing discrepancies: Record service specifications and supply chain design/automation in a structured way, allowing airlines and their suppliers to adapt and optimize their delivery workflow quickly.
- Perform paperless invoicing: Eliminate the need for paper invoices and save money through automated digital invoice validation.
- Get seamless, integrated, real-time updates: Share up-to-the-second updates as they occur within your operational lifeblood systems and integrate with our system to shorten the time needed for your operation to react. Use our REST APIs to consume data critical for an on-time departure.
Paxia Catering Management Solutions provide real-time management across your entire onboard service network. By ensuring a single source of truth, Paxia reduces paper usage and simplifies the onboard services complexity by giving airlines the visibility to plan, deliver, monitor, adapt, and report on all the services they manage for every flight.
For more information on Paxia Catering Management Solutions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.